Wednesday, March 23, 2011

adam_"the_escape"









here's my batman story. again, it should be looked at from bottom to top.

4 comments:

  1. Starting off, your art is as great as ever, and I think you got really, really close to mimicking the style professionally. A lot of the storyboard is easy to read, except the 'wingding' part. I couldn't tell what was happening at all in that picture - I thought it was a tool, but it looks huge, like a ship. I understand what it is as the story progresses, however, but I think something to compare it to in scene 7 would've been nice. I'm also not sure where Nightwing is coming from.

    Other than that, there's really not much else to say. It ended pretty abruptly, but it's more that i just wanted to see more than it being a fault. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making all of us look bad... again. Ha ha. Really fantastic work with the art! Batman tied to the chair looks really, really good! Based on what I've seen, the animated Batman is very similar to your style so this fits you very well.

    Any nit-picks with the art are minor. For example, the light shining from above in Frame 4 looks solid at first glance, and the city looks totally dead or burned. That's more a nature of the medium and black/white, so no biggie.

    The Batarang from Nightwing is a bit confusing at first, like Jessica said, since the first one appears and I'm not sure where it goes. I'm guessing it explodes with the second one to produce all the smoke.

    Overall, great work! Shading, expressions, and establishing shots are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Work with the character styles, very accurate, nice job. The only thing I see that could be changed is in the last three panels you have no horizon line and have pretty close to full-shot of the characters so there should probably be one, but it still looks good and read well with them, I am just being picky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally see what you guys are saying about Nightwing's "wingding". I didn't even realize that it looked like a ship when I was drawing it. Looks like the Batplane is drunkenly flown into the building, crashes, and blows up. Pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.