Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Emily Kettelson_Tough Love












5 comments:

  1. Reads from bottom to top. I thought it was a cute idea and had some fun making this. I know I colored Harley's costume backwards, I sincerely apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea, for sure. I would love to see some backgrounds and more camera angles since it reads like a newspaper comic strip at the moment. In a way, it feels like a "mini-story" you'd find in the back of a comic, like a bonus. Seeing a Joker reaction would have been nice too, since there's no indication Harley's plan even worked, since she ends up in jail with the Joker.

    Still, the pacing of the Harley/Batman interaction works well since we see his reaction to everything she does, and he does it the way Batman would... totally silent. The expressions on everyone are totally readable too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By shot 6 I thought this was amazing. And it was really clear what happened, too - I was almost waiting for the flowers/fight to be confusing, but I understand perfectly what is happening. Ben pretty much said everything else I had on my mind, however. It reads a lot like a simple comic strip, not a segment for an animated series, and it just comes down to the camera angles. I can imagine this as a story in the animated series, though, but just with more angles and more body language - I know Harley's very touchy and contrapposto all the time, showing off her hips like a gal. Her emotions are also alll over the place, too, so more/more severe emotions would add to the comedy. I guess, also, I wish there was dialogue - imagining Harley's voice from that series is a laugh by itself.

    As Ben said, the emotions are still crystal-clear, as well as the story. Nice addition with the coloring too, and Harley's crazy enough to wear her suit backwards every once in a while, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Interesting idea, very amusing. The story reads well even without the descriptions and the characters are recognizable. However Like the others have said it does feel more like a comic strip. Varied camera angles would fix that and and a lot to the story. As far as dialog goes I don't think it really needs any, the actions and expressions of the characters speak for themselves although it does make it kind of like a sitcom, I keep imagining audience laughter

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely brought your humor to this little project, and like everyone else said, it reads like its own sitcom strip. I think that the simplicity works well with your story, although it would have been nice to some sort of background. Harley's expressions and reactions read very well, and Batman's blank look is perfect. Nice job!

    And how dare you color her costume backwards!... actually didn't even notice.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.